Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm Bailey Marin!

And I am fortified with optimism! (I saw that commercial for SoyJoy and I thought it was a pretty awesome phrase so I’ve been using it to describe myself lately hehehe.) I am a Dreamer. And a Believer. I’m not afraid to stand up for what is right and I always tell the truth, even when it’s hard to do. I believe completely in what I call True Love. That is, I try my hardest everyday to put aside harsh feelings I have for people and love them freely. I try to show people that no matter who they are or what they do or believe I still love them. And I want them to be happy. I want people to feel better about them, after having had an interaction with me. I’m very loud, something I am trying to tone down, and I’m pretty random! I love to make people laugh and make them feel comfortable and happy. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and my beliefs dictate every aspect of my life. My parents are still together and I have 4 siblings (I’m the middle child), all of which I love very dearly!


I’m a very artistic person. I love music, writing, acting, drawing and sculpting. I plan on taking art all four years of high school and well into college.


My life as a little kid, and still today, was totally experienced with music. It was always on! My dad raised me on the oldies, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s music, and I adore him for it! I love being able to freak older people out by my knowledge of their era of music. J I can handle just about every kind of music; expect rap or hip hop or anything like that. My favorite kind of music is played by bands like Coldplay, music that has real substance. But the greatness of a song, in my opinion, lies in the lyrics. I like clean, inspiring, true lyrics. I also like songs that are simple and acoustic; just a guitar or a piano. I love 70’s music; artists like Jim Croce! But I have to say that my favorite band of all time is Hanson! Hehehe. Yes. MMMBop. The three blonde brothers who hit the scene in ’97 mean the world to me! J They still put out albums and I still go to concerts! I love them!


I also love writing and reading. I read to find out the problems in the world, and I write in an attempt to solve them. (That’s another of my little sayings hehehe) Reading is a really great escape, but also be reading about other people, even fictional, and seeing how they handle problems helps me brainstorm ideas on how to handle mine, y’know? This is going to sound weird, hehehe, but I like learning from other people mistakes. Seeing where they messed up helps me to not repeat that. I want to understand how we all work and why we feel the things we feel, so I read. I love reading to experience more things so I can help others and myself.

No comments: